Blotched blue tongue lizard or eastern blue tongue?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so most of you know I was going to get a central netted dragon but now I've changed my mind to go with the blue tongue family I have heard these guys have great personalities and you can handle them, and they aren't fast like the dragon family but now I need to know which one is better.

Blotched blue tongue lizard: these guys I have found them for 100$ and they grow only 45 cm and don't need a license

Eastern blue tongue lizard: they guys don't have a nicer pattern than the blotched but they don't need a license either and they are 79$

So finally I need to know how BIG THE TANK SHOULD BE FOR 1 OF THESE GUYS and which one will be better for me

Oh and btw I'm a newbie with lizards I chose these to cause they don't need a license

both would live in a 4ft tank by 2 ft comfortably, Blotchies are big fat pretty cruizy skinks, they respond to regular handling really well and are hardy. Saying that so are easterns, they are quite a bit smaller depending on locality but come in a massive range of colours and patterns. Obviously if you chase one of the more unique types then the price goes up. Also very hardy and lots of personality. You couldnt go wrong with either as a first reptile pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back