Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=38465]pinefamily[/MENTION]
You mean the aluminium tape ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so. It is silver, and it's also called insulation tape, or heat tape.

I might try that first just cause it's easier

Yeh of course , don't need anymore Things to go wrong lol

Thanks again for all your help

Ceramics are good. I use them, but have started moving back to globes on account of how dry the air in Perth is. My digital hygrometers often read bellow 20% with ceramics. I get about 35% with globes which seems to be the minimum before I get shedding problems with the BHPS. I think where you live and what you are trying to achieve is an important aspect in regards to heat source choices.
Fair enough , cages and type of heating and temperature regimes has allot to do with things IMO.

I think there is a design fault if you have to turn to a 150 watt globe to get a suitable basking temperature for a jungle python in Sydney. It is not always a matter of just increasing wattage to increase temperature!I would block any mesh top with a non conductive material. You coulod even use a reflective surface on the under side. Maybe start by checking your thermometer as it doesn't seem rght that the cage is cooler than the ambient temperature with a high watage globe.

vepada2e.jpg
mysyjuna.jpg
emuzune5.jpg

Great setup your jungle seems to really like his corner :D

Ok after of F'ing around using 100w I finally have what I feel is right temps . I've got a almost constant 33-33.5 and a cool end of 29.8-30 :)
I used some 6mm mdf and painted it black , and used heat tape new the heat light on the mdf . Guys thank you all so much

[MENTION=38508]ackiekid01[/MENTION]
Yeh his always between that corner or in/on his hide front left so his easy to spot . My son plays hide and seek with him
( doesn't count if it's only 2 places snake goes but funny anyway lol ) the joys of being 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back