Blue Mountains finds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gomeztime

Reaction score
Here are a few shots from the weekend in the Blue Mountains.

These guys get washed into the canyons and can't escape until storm events wash them out. They're cold and quite inactive making them easy to find because they don't rush to get away. We also saw 2x Drysdalia, Rhodogaster and we saw two of the scaley foot LL even though I've only photographed one here.

The last picture is the habitat in which they were found. Deep dark cold canyons.

Quite an abnormal haul for one day in the bush.

Attachments

• DSC_0093-01.jpg
    DSC_0093-01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_0109-01.jpg
    DSC_0109-01.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0113-01.jpg
    DSC_0113-01.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0114-01.jpg
    DSC_0114-01.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_0092-01.jpg
    DSC_0092-01.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 169
Nice pics, were the Rhodogaster active or sheltering beneath something? Iv always wanted to see one.

The Rhodogaster was inactive and in the open. Because of the temperature in that environment just about every animal shuts down and waits for the next storm event to wash them further down stream where there might be some sunlight and shelter. Often there are no places for them to hide. The Rhodogaster I didn't photograph because I've seen them and photographed them often before. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes/snake-id-blue-mountains-locale-71060

I've seen four in the blue mountains now. If you spend a bit of time up there then I'd say you'll find one sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back