blue tongue help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty-jungle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my blue tongue tries to escape every day, he is in a melamine enclosure with a glass front. he always comes up to the glass and scratches at it. is there anyway to stop him doing it? the tank is at ground level, if i raise it off the floor will it stop it? help!!

When my animals scratch at the glass I take them out of their enclosure and let them run around whilst I watch them, raising the level of the tank wont make a difference in this behavior
it could also be a temperature problem, maybe being to hot and needing a cooler spot to relax in.

makes sure it has a couple of hides , one at the warm end and one at the cool end and is it a wild one or captive bred?

He's bored... entertain him. It's like being locked in your bedroom. Maybe invest in a flexarium so he can spend days in another 4 walls while your home, they really enjoy being outside

Thanks guys, today I took him out on the grass and he had a run around. Now I'm going to make an outdoor enclosure to put him in some days when it's not to cold, and get him out of his tank. Should see of it does the trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back