Blue Tongue not waking up properly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rachmoo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My blue tongues are 4 years old, I've got two (male and female) and a Cunningham skink in a 6x2x2 tank - they all get along well.
The blue tongues have been brumating for about 3 months now and they are very slowly waking up to bask in the sun (it hits directly above their tank through an open window at midday. They aren't eating yet which I read is normal but they've got their heat lamp which they are under for a few hours now.
The female bluey basks then burrows again as she's always done but my male is worrying me. He basks for a while with the others but then just lays somewhere in the tank and sleeps (he has ALWAYS buried). I keep thinking he's dead but he seems very groggy and as though he's still brumating, even though he's been very warm all day.

I really can't afford a vet just yet, especially if it's nothing, but does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I don't expect them to just 'wake up' overnight but he seems so much more tired than the other.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back