Blue tongue shedding issues...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
My little Western Blue Tongue lived inside in a viv. Due to my home being nice and dry/warm, he was having bad sheds and his gloves needed to be assisted each shed. He lost some toe tips due to this. The vet informed me substrates that absorb moisture will not help. To solve this issue I placed the little guy in an outdoor pit to have a more natural environment. Guess what!? He shed today and his little gloves are STILL on!! WHY? WHY? WHY??? The pit has wood chip substrate to hold moisture. It has live plants in there so it gets watered every day. He gets rained on in winter, he has access to fresh water to drink and bathe in, he eats lots of moisture rich vegies and greens, he gets vitamin powder, sun light, shade, hides....everything! So what can I possibly be doing wrong now???

Does he have a rough surface to rub his paws against? Mine uses a paving stone.

sure does. Rocks and stones and pavers. You name it, he has it! :)

You said he shed today. Mine sometimes have the gloves on for a day or two after and they've never had a problem. I do keep an eye on it though incase anyone was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back