Blue Tongue skink pellet food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen2030

Reaction score
I live in the USA and I am extremely jealous of all the BTS morphs and subspecies that are so readily available to you in Australia. Being that BTS are native there, I imagine that there are many reptile supply companies in Australia that have created products specifically for BTS, which I would also imagine are better than feeding them omnivore diets that are meant more for bearded dragons , box turtles, tegus and monitors. Just wondering if there are any dry pellets that you feed your BTS regularly or as part of their diet? The only products that I've been able to find online are both called "Lizard Food" and produced by Vetafarm and URS. Has anyone used either of those products with success?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Here I was thinking that America was the one with all the BTS morphs lol

While I don't have a blue tongue specifically, I've got a pink tongue skink, which are very similar. He loves the Vetafarm lizard pellets, can't get enough of it, which is great :) I add a bit of water just to soften it though. It's got all the right elements of a good skink diet and includes mutton bird oil, which is a big plus for me.

But that being said, I don't personally just feed the pellets, I also include snails/meat/crickets and such, many BTS owners include high quality dog food alongside the pellets.

Most of the pellet foods for lizards are either aimed at Bearded Dragons or Blue tounges, but you can pretty much generalize it to anything with a similar diet.

In conclusion, would highly recommend the Vetafarm pellets (the URS i haven't tried yet), I've had great success with them, and if by chance your BTS doesn't like them, you can always use them to gutload your insects :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back