Blue tongue taming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellaa

Reaction score
hi i have had my bluey for about 3 months and still spends hardly any time outside the hide and on the rare occasion that i find it out the hide it rubs straight back in. i sit with the enclosure almost everyday and during handling is able to hand-feed and seems pretty calm sitting on my arm or hand. I was wondering on any tips for calming it down in the enclosure as well as out. Thanks

Id like to know this as well im in the same boat my bluey never comes out unless we aren't home... he hisses at me when getting picked up but hes ok when hes in my hand eating blueberries
[doublepost=1526427455,1526427398][/doublepost]What's ur temperature because i read somewhere that if they are too hot they will bury themselves under the substrate.. i tried that method but didnt work so it may work for u?

Is the hide located near the heat source?
Set your enclosure up so that the little guy has to leave the security of his hide to get a warm.
Maybe reduce foot traffic too. They can be a bit nervous when in open spaces....try covering the front of the enclosure so they cant see you watching them.

I'm no expert on BT's and I'm sure one of the more experienced guys might be able to give you some more ideas.

The tip on leaving the warm area out in the enclosure is a good one, I would still provide a hide or two in the enclosure to help him feel safe.

Handling a few times a week wouldn't hurt him either just so he gets to know you as someone who doesn't mean any harm .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back