blue tounge lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domo83

Reaction score
What does everyone think about blue tounge lizards?

i think that their lizards?,
they are cooly cool

Watched one of mine giving birth today and got a few more females almost ready to drop...I think they are a very underrated species. They are easy to care for not having the high heat or UV requirements that dragon or monitor species have (I give mine both btw). They eat basic stuff such as dog food, fruit & vegetables etc. They are easily handled, grow a decent size and they give birth to live young. They are SOOOO SIMPLE that they deserve more recognition IMO!!!

On top of that they have great variation from locality to locality, and alot of potential for morph/hybridising experiments with the Albino and Hyper types

Last edited:
Blueys are one of my favourite reptiles, if you're keen on them do a bit of reading on them, it's really worth it.

My three Easterns have a lot of character, and I'm really happy with my decision in choosing them over another reptile. Colour and pattern variation is pretty amazing, and that's just within the Eastern subspecies. They're easy to care for and are fairly personable once settled in. My oldest Bluey is one year old now, I can spot clean his enclosure and change the water without him even caring. My other two are a little more skittish, I only obtained them last month, but are settling in nicely despite that. Feeding three Blueys is much cheaper than feeding three yearling snakes, with more frequent feeds for the Blueys. That's feeding a diet of vegetables, greens, fruits on occasion and proteins via dog food or roo meat. :)

Yeah im seriously considering get a little baby what are their housing needs thanks for the help guys

- - - Updated - - -

That would have been amazing watching her give birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back