Bluetongue Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IreneBarker

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a small hole in the corner of the backyard and I am hoping there is a blue tongue living there. I am yet to sight anything but there is a growing pile of snail shells outside the hole. Can anyone tell me if this is indicative of there being a lizard living in the hole? I wouldn't have thought a lizard would bring the snails back to it's "home" to eat?

Hi all,

We have a small hole in the corner of the backyard and I am hoping there is a blue tongue living there. I am yet to sight anything but there is a growing pile of snail shells outside the hole. Can anyone tell me if this is indicative of there being a lizard living in the hole? I wouldn't have thought a lizard would bring the snails back to it's "home" to eat?
Are the shells whole or crushed Irene?

half and half....a lot are still whole which is odd. I've watched blue tongues eat snails and they seem to crush them more than leave them whole. It's all a bit of a mystery and has me intrigued as to what it can be. Strong hope that it's not a snake!!!

a snail eating snake? sounds like a colubrid, but i don't think they live there, it could potentially be a legless lizard but i dunno how they eat their prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back