Bluetounge hatchling disease trouble.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudiger

Reaction score
Hey,
havent been on this forum in a long time, but my bluetounges have just had babies and they seem to have gotten some disease or something.

They are currently in a fish tank in the garage, with a heat mat, paper towel as a substrate, well ventelated, i keep the substrate dry.
They are roughly a week old, haven't had their first shed yet and some of them seem to be getting these reddish sores, particularly around their mouth, back of the jaw, on the legs and around the cloaca.
they seem a lot more lethargic than ones that haven't got it and they stop using the legs that are affected.

i don't know what it is and i don't know what to do about it.
any advice would be appreciated.
P2270275.jpgP2270278.jpgP2270279.jpgP2270287.jpg
thanks.

Attachments

• P2270276.jpg
    P2270276.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 89
They look like infected wounds, probably inflicted by their siblings.
Separate them asap as blueys can be very aggressive towards each other if housed together.
Fish tanks don't retain heat and if kept on the floor or close to the ground can get quite cold, especially at night.
Keep them warm 24/7 (a bit cooler at night and turn lights off).
Treat the sores with antiseptic or Flamazine, which is antibacterial and highly recommended for treatment of reptile wounds.

I would also be confident that what you see is injuries inflicted by siblings.

Thanks, i shall seperate them and see if that helps (and see if i can get my handson any antiseptic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back