Boas????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
Hey again! :D I was wondering if Boas can be kept in Australia? :?: I read up about foreign species on the government site in NSW and they said you need some sort of licence? :? So I was wondering if you can own them in Syndey NSW :?:

Belle~Belinda said:
Hey again! :D I was wondering if Boas can be kept in Australia? :?: I read up about foreign species on the government site in NSW and they said you need some sort of licence? :? So I was wondering if you can own them in Syndey NSW :?:

You can only legally keep them if they were declared during the amnesty, they cannot be transferred from your license or bred.
cheers

To own any exotic species you must have a private zoo licence unless you were declared before the amnesty.In regards to private zoo licences I'd have to say it is way out of reach for any hobbyists,you'd have to be a big time breeder or display your collection to the public to make enough profits as it is a very expensive procedure.Some of the regulation and rules are that you must be open to the public so many days per year,you must pay public liability insurance etc etc etc list goes on.

Why would you want a exotic snake, In my opinion Australian snake are the best looking in the world and make great pets. Although some of the Tree Boas are very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back