Bob a Job?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivehydra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

It’s a bit of a long shot, but I thought I would put out some feelers to see if anyone might be interested……
My new partner doesn’t like my snakes (olive and scrub), or should I say, she doesn’t trust them. I have tried for some time to alleviate her fears, but to no avail. She is incapable of touching them and also doesn’t like me handling them on my own (thus the reason for this post).

What I’m looking for is someone who is interested in assisting me with general cleaning/feeding duties. I thought it might suit a young herper wanting to make some easy pocket money, although a more mature person is equally welcome. I have disposed of all of my snakes except two, so it really is in my opinion a very easy chore….1 hour max per week.

These are my conditions/requests…..
You must love reptiles and be mature minded.
If under 18 years of age, you must have your parents/guardians permission (parents are of course welcome too).
You will be sprayed with F10 before entering my snake room.
I would prefer this to be a weekend event, although as I don’t like to leave cages dirty for long, flexible availability would be great.

Things I feel you need to know;
In January/February 2007 I had a “consistent with OPMV” death (none since)
I live in Newtown Sydney.
Both my snakes are quite large (+14kg each) and have strong feeding response, so a bite will be painful.
You will not get rich by doing this, so if your first question is “how much will I get paid”, then perhaps it’s not for you.
If my partner’s small dog gets eaten “on your watch” you will need to run and hide for a very long time ;)

PM me with EOI. I don’t get online much so please be patient if I don’t respond in a hurry.

Cheers

wow your a kinder man than i really giving up your snakes for the missus i had a gf once tell me they had to go same with my guns. still have the snake and guns :D, and a far better missus she likes snakes and guns.

Man, if only i lived in sydney, i would love an opourtunity like this up my way
good luck finding someone !!!

If you're keeping your snakes according to the whims of an ophidiophobe, isn't it time to move them on to someone who can dutifully care for them? The OH&S nightmare you're potentially facing as an employer is huge.

If you're keeping your snakes according to the whims of an ophidiophobe, isn't it time to move them on to someone who can dutifully care for them? The OH&S nightmare you're potentially facing as an employer is huge.

I agree wholeheartedly with you in regard to potential “OH&S” issues…..it’s a shame I think, that we as a community are becoming so litigious. I have given it much thought and in fact the thread title of “Bob a Job” was a somewhat tongue in cheek reference to an era long gone. I’m happy to live on the edge, and take a risk or two, although I will be sure to level out the uneven pavers at my front door as they are a serious trip hazard ;)

im with bluereptile. this would be an amazing opportunity! but im also out in c'town. damnnn -shakes fist-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back