Books

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not real big on the fairies, fantasy or vampires lol.I have found Lee child to be a good read ( he does a series of Jack Reacher novels). Sorta get sucked into them. The worst part is he only releases one a year and and I get through it in 2 days! Another author I always seem to be reading is Michael Connelly ( Harry Bosch ). Definately worth a look. :)

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King! My set has a mini shrine on my bookcase because I love them so much haha.

Just had to bump this for the Stephenie Meyer book The Host and those who loved it.
Movie is coming! :D I wrote to her ages ago saying she should make a movie of it... so glad she is.
The Host by Stephanie Meyer | Facebook

Fantastic!! Looks like I'm going to have to pull the book out and read it again! That's awesome news :). Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

will have to look it up Jande

I finally finished 'The Inheritance Cycle' the other night and when i closed that last book i felt really sad

It was such a fantastic well written story that you couldnt help but feel a part of it

will have to look it up Jande

I finally finished 'The Inheritance Cycle' the other night and when i closed that last book i felt really sad

It was such a fantastic well written story that you couldnt help but feel a part of it

Definitely going to take a look into that next. I've finished the Tomorrow series and starting the Ellie Chronicles tonight.
A friend is also nagging me to read 50 shades of grey though she won't shut up about how raunchy it is.
Even the radio was going on about it last night so it must be worth a read. :lol:

Jande i dont mind saying that 'The Inheritance Cycle' was the kind of story that not only drew the reader in but made them become part of the story itself

every page drew me into the world of dragons, humans, elves, dwarfs, Kulls, Urgals and good v's evil and as i said when i closed the last book i felt as if a part of 'me' had ended as well, it was really sad to know this fantastic story had ended and would be no more

i would highly recommend them to anyone but buy the four book pack then you can go straight into the next book without having to wait, i bought mine off ebay in the pack and even with postage it was still cheaper then buying locally

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King! My set has a mini shrine on my bookcase because I love them so much haha.
The Dark Tower series is probably the best series of books I've ever read, was so glad when The Wind Through the Keyhole was released a couple months ago :D
I've just started on Song of Ice and Fire after watching the first two seasons of Game of Thrones, excellent reading.
Moving away from the fantasy genre, anything written by Cormac McCarthy is a gem (anyone who has read The Road would agree I'm sure)

American Gods- By Neil Gaiman, one of my favourite all timers. Also HBO have picked it up and I believe there is going to be a TV series with the first season based on this book. Cant wait!!!

Neil Gaiman is a literary god- look him up, you wont regret it.

wow so many suggestions for good reading, hard to work out where to start

ive bought about 6 books of the 'bones series', i started collecting the ones with all having the same cover only to have the buyer overseas' send me ones that were different so have changed directions and going to get them all from the one seller who will make sure she sends me the same cover for each of them

seems silly but having all the series with the one cover makes it look neater, did the same with HP and 'The Inheritance Cycle' so will keep doing it, ive noticed 'The Hobbit' and 'Lord of the Rings' being sold in a box set so its next then ill go back to the bones books then ill start sourcing some of the other books suggested in here

anyone wanna buy Kathy Reichs 'Deja Dead' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back