• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Branches for large snake enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkers_mum

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some nice, large branches for a large snake enclosure I have and was wondering if anyone was interested in selling or donating one or even know of somewhere I can buy one that's not going to send me broke?

I am in Melbourne, and though I know of one place where I can buy what I am after, I prefer not to because they are ridiculously overpriced and I don't like the way they run their business (they shall remain unnamed for ethical reasons!)

Thanks in advance :)

just take a walk around the neighbourhood, there is bound to be something you can use close too home that is free.

Just make sure you clean them properly first, I know someone who's diamond ended up with mites because they didnt.

What would it be from?, it never had them before the branches and its their only snake, thats only what the vet told them too, She has only had it for about 3-4 months and never noticed anything before..

mites need blood to live, so they wouldn't come from branches.

you can bring mites home from visiting somewhere with mites and then transferring them on your clothes. I would look at places she has been.

if your willing to drive out to sunbury
you can have as many as you want from my place

Thanks I will pass that on.. Great vet then :lol: , I havent had any probs with them yet so I will do a bit more learning.

Thanks for that everyone, and thanks Robbo for your kind offer. I'm afraid I am without vehicle, so unless I head out your way via PT, I may have to pass on that offer :(

:)

I've always visited areas where new estates are being built.
They generally chop/bulldoze down the trees, so it's generally a great source for branches, bark & large basking rocks.
All at the right price too!

I agree - no mites (or anything else for that matter) from bush branches. The notion that you have to sterilize everything before you put them in is plain silly - snakes don't live in a sterile environment, and their cages will always carry far more infectious material than anything in the bush. maybe a 1000s - 1 chance of picking up a tick, but you'd have to be damned unlucky.

The vet was talking through his/her bum. Mites get transferred from snake to snake (or reptile to reptile) only, but occasionally via hands and clothes. Wash 'em!

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back