Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Finally took the new 4WD out for her 1st proper herp trip last night, came across a few animals, most were camera shy and was impossible to get some pics of them, especially the grumpy Stephens that kept trying to eat the camera, therefore had to take photo's without looking through the view finder.

Picture027.jpg

This guy was a interesting looking Carpet, all the ones I find in here always are
Picture002.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

A different animal
Picture007.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Small lightning fast Golden Crowned, only shot I got that wasn't blurry.
Picture012-3.jpg

Stephens Banded, put on a good display with his mouth open often but as I said, wasn't looking through the view finder as he was too close to take an eye off.
Picture014.jpg

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Saw plenty of fluffy things too, but only got pics of a prickly thing.
Picture029-1.jpg

Great pics!
Just wondering what the 2nd snake is. Its very pretty! lovethe colours.
Reminds me of a leopard.
My mates mum used to have a leopard print steering wheel cover which i thought was tacky, but it looks quite good on that lil fella

Nice finds Dan...top looking coastals, cant wait to get up that way and start herping! :D

Great pics!
Just wondering what the 2nd snake is. Its very pretty! lovethe colours.
Reminds me of a leopard.
My mates mum used to have a leopard print steering wheel cover which i thought was tacky, but it looks quite good on that lil fella

It's a Coastal Carpet Python

dan great photos ,

do your oppinions lead you to beleive the first carpet could be some sort of cheynei?

dan great photos ,

do your oppinions lead you to beleive the first carpet could be some sort of cheynei?

Although it looks that way, it's just a Coastal with great colours, I have seen many Coastals that look like something you would expect to find on Cape Yorke. From Black & Gold to ones like this, shame you don't see them in captivity as I would snatch em up.

I think I have some full body shots of that snake, will have look through them.

Last edited:
hmmm thought i was on a winner then LOL

Lol yea would be good to have some Jungles cruising around these parts. That one almost looks like a metcalfeicrossed with acheynei.
Unfortunately I didn't get some full body shots but here's some of another Jungle looking Coastal

Picture057-1.jpg

Picture046-2.jpg

nice work with the stephens' banded snake, would have made the trip very worthwhile. unusual that the golden crowned was fast and got away, they usually are slow moving when we see them and also just sit there and lift there head in defense posture, but I have only seen them on cooler nights so thats probably why they havn't rushed off.

nice work with the stephens' banded snake, would have made the trip very worthwhile. unusual that the golden crowned was fast and got away, they usually are slow moving when we see them and also just sit there and lift there head in defense posture, but I have only seen them on cooler nights so thats probably why they havn't rushed off.

It was unusual, I have never seen a snake so desperate to get away, and not one hint of a defense posture. I have never actually seen one do the defense posture yet they have been very slow and docile. I have seen many of them too, guess I don't look very scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back