Bredli Healthy Growth Rate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Python-Lover4lyf

Reaction score
So I basically just want to know what size should my male bredli be at when he hits 12 months what size food should he be eating and how often from the persception of a healthy snake that hasnt been power fed or under fed. Just need a general idea to know where he's at with his growth, Thanks :)

p.s Sorry for posting 2 threads in one night, I'm just in a curious mood. haha

Regardless of python species.........it depends on the actual specimens hatch weight when it left the egg............a very simple equation is 11 times it's hatch weight @ 12 months of age gives an appropriate growth rate.
Obviously food dependant, because in the wild pythons do not feed solidly over each season, they go through feasts and famine......the more food consumed, the higher the weight gained and faster the increase and vice versa......

Hatch weight of each bredli will differ widely.............but if you took an average of 32 grams...............this would be 352g for a 12 month old.
Hope this helps
Cheers

gday mate my bredli Smiley will be 1 year old in 6 days and is eating 90g rats every 7 days he is not fat and looks in great condition i just puts some pics up this morning of him eating....

Regardless of python species.........it depends on the actual specimens hatch weight when it left the egg............a very simple equation is 11 times it's hatch weight @ 12 months of age gives an appropriate growth rate.
Obviously food dependant, because in the wild pythons do not feed solidly over each season, they go through feasts and famine......the more food consumed, the higher the weight gained and faster the increase and vice versa......

Hatch weight of each bredli will differ widely.............but if you took an average of 32 grams...............this would be 352g for a 12 month old.
Hope this helps
Cheers
325g at 12 months...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back