Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha this is sort of funny....Today I just got a 6 foot Bredli hahaha Thanks for the confidence Booster lol :)

Knowing the bloke you got this snake off, I can tell you it was his baby and this would have been a food bite. Just make it aware you're picking it up and it's not feed time and I'll be quite surprised if it bites you again - never bit him :p

Good work going for the camera. That shows a great commitment to tag photos.

At least 5 minutes soaking in hydrogen peroxide is a good idea for killing off the bacteria from the snake's mouth (had a scary talk on that at the AHS last year) and possibly loosening up the embedded teeth. Otherwise use betadine as per Beard's advice. The main thing is to use plenty of disinfectant. The teeth are relatively easy to deal with compared to an antibiotic resistant infection.

damn! must hurt, i got bitten by a water python and it killed!
but i wasnt half the size of that.

Thread topic says it all. had plenty of bites before but this one was specifically painful. didnt flinch or pull back. she held on for a good 2minutes while looking for camera. got several teeth stuck in me not sure how to remove :)View attachment 240716View attachment 240717View attachment 240718

what happens when a snake loses or breaks a tooth?do they grow new ones?

well one was about 3mm so i could just pinch it out... the other 4 are still in there. just gonna leave them in over night and hope they pop out. lotta bruising already. she seemed fine and lead me into a false sense of security :)
don't know if they will just fall out,just read a post some one found a tooth 2 weeks after a bite

I presume the teeth do grow back (bit like sharks probably)..I got tagged by my little stimmie once..pretty bad for a tiny snake and just in reaction pulled my hand back and out came two teeth...poor little thing haha

If your snake is a captive snake and you are feeding it only pet shop packaged food, or purpously bred food then there really shouldn't be any great infection, treat it like any wound, as you said a good clean and detol :)

Ive owned snakes on off for nearly twenty years and i have never been tagged by anything large than hatchie childreni. Learn to read ya snakes people they dont normally bite first all mine give warnings whether a hiss or a twitch or sometimes there eyes just glaze over either way you should be able to tell a strikes coming. Anyone who gets tagged by pythons should stay away from elapids please

My female woma started to tighten around my hand this evening while having a good sniff of my finger. This means put her back in her enclosure or wait until she has a taste. No need to keep her out any longer just to prove a point. In saying that, she has got me in the past. At the end of the day you can minimise the risks, but you cant eliminate them. By the way, great photos.

i wanna get bit by my new 5ft bredli but it just seems like it will hurt alot more than i know it will, i will post pics when im game enough to get bit(i can guarentee it will bite because i cant even get it out of the enclosure without a hook and a lid from a 30 litre storage tub lol) but im gonna grow a pair and just do it tonight i think

I keep elapids,

But I still hold all my large pythons, even the ones that occasionally bite.

I dont hold my elapids the way I would hold I big bites python.

Maybe you should just face your fear and get bitten by something bigger them a hatchie it's not that scary

Ive owned snakes on off for nearly twenty years and i have never been tagged by anything large than hatchie childreni. Learn to read ya snakes people they dont normally bite first all mine give warnings whether a hiss or a twitch or sometimes there eyes just glaze over either way you should be able to tell a strikes coming. Anyone who gets tagged by pythons should stay away from elapids please

Ow indeed better to let settle In for a few weeks If thats the result and next time use a hook while gets used to you

I keep elapids,

But I still hold all my large pythons, even the ones that occasionally bite.

I dont hold my elapids the way I would hold I big bites python.

Maybe you should just face your fear and get bitten by something bigger them a hatchie it's not that scary

Agreed... Being bitten by your pet python is certainly not indicative of your skills as an elapid keeper.

you got owned! nasty. Must look in the shops tomorrow for longer tongs. I don't wanna be bitten like that!

They will come out, eventually, on there own. But having a foreign body in your hand could cause a reaction and a small lump at the site. I have had teeth stuck in me before which took weeks to come out. In the meantime, every time I bumped the spot the pain lifted me. I could push on the area, tap it, anything and not feel anything, but now and then I'd get a quick sharp stab if I bumped it a certain way. Eventually I started to pick at the site and squeezed it like you'd squeeze a pimple, and out popped a little tiny toothy peg. Received two tooth implants from my bredli, and one from my big intergrade - all feed bites so had to plead with them to let me go.

I get bitten occasionally by my pythons, does that mean I should sell my elapids?

OMG now thats gotta hurt!! Hope you get the teeth out. Great pics..Hope the Bredli is OK..Thanks for sharing.Makes my first tag look like nothing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back