Bredli started to strike while handling why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yossi

Reaction score
Hi my 4year old female bredli stared strikeing at me when she never use to before
Is it because I have stopped handing her often as I use to she just went through a shedding and hasn't eaten last meal feeding her later today
She's been quite active since asumming she's hungry now
Only take her out once a week or so now
Could that be the problem?
Do I need to handle her more often to re tame her?

received_10159495407685232.jpeg

received_10159495407675232.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Yossi, were the strikes defensive strikes or did she latch onto your hand like how she would grab onto food?

I believe they were in defence,
I'm not totally sure as never experienced it with her before
She did not latch on just lunged
I mean she's OK once I grab her but she tends to do the strike pose if she's on the bed and I'm walking around or moving about but when she's on my arm she hasnt lunged though now I'm a tad unsettled don't keep her close to face lol she's about 2.3metres long

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like it’s just a one off thing or she picked something up and bit you. Did she bite u while trying to pick her up
Or while already picked up?

It was random when I went to pick her up

It was random when I went to pick her up
Get a hook, use the hook to get her out of the enclosure, if she's cage defensive... She'll calm down once removed from the enclosure, then perhaps be more tolerant of you picking her up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back