Breed Info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrech

Reaction score
I am a first time snake "pre" owner. I am surfing the net and visiting all the stores I can to look at snakes to choose a breed/colouration. I have narrowed down my list to Eastern Blotched, Jungle Atherton, Vic Inland, Cape York & Murray Darling. Can I get some feedback and info from owners on the suitability of each of these breeds for a first timer? I am after the basic info like feeding problems, temperament, size, handling issues?

Much appreciated. :D

Welcome pagrech!

Check out some of the care sheets in the articles section, and then ask away, someone should be able to help! :D

Welcome aboard pagrech :) Thats what I like to see , responsible pre owners!! Good onya buddy for doing all ya homework first :) Just do as Nicole says and you won't go far wrong buddy :)

:p Hiya pagrech,the only one i keep is the eastern small blotched as hatchies the are tiny & can be a lil fussy to get started feeding on pinkies.As hatchies they can be a lil bit snappy but bites very rarely draw blood & they soon grow out of it.As adults i find them to be great snakes & very good handlers. :p

All those are good beginner snakes.
I have a murray darling in my collection and he is the most placid of all my snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back