Breedin Size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_im_sam

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading an article online somewhere that had breeding sizes for a few different species or australian pythons. Can't find it now :( in particular i'm looking for information on bredli :) If anyone has it bookmarked, or comes across it, please let me know!

p.s. just weighed bredli :) yearling female is 430 grams

Are you after it to know if your bredli's are close to breeding size, or for common knowledge for future reference? If it's the former, I should think someone around here (Paul I'm looking in your direction :wink: ) would be able to help you out. I know that for diamonds it's around 1.5m right?
Good luck with the search. :)

bit of both. i know my bredli arent large enough now, im wondering if they might be in a year and a half. i just remember this really good article and i cant find it argh.....

mmm i know that.. just been thinking that although a lot of places and a lot of species list age, the age is only really listed as an average time it takes for an animal to get to the right size.. i've seen a few places (trusted sorta places) that size is the determinant factor. so yeah, was just wondering about that.
thanks anyway guy :)

breeding size

hi sam..
a couple of things to think about..size and age dont really match for breeding..
age produces sexual maturity with out producing size..
power feeding can produce size long before sexual maturity in some species..it takes a happy medium between the two to get the desired results.
most bredli i have known have been 4 or older before producing offspring..but there are always exceptions to the rule.
cheers paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back