Breeding ackies anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hay there,
Well you all know that i fell in love with ridge tail monitors.........
well i am making room for one now and was wondering when the next 'batch' of hatchlings are comming up?

Is anyone breeding them this year?

thanx guys :D

Hey Bryony,
Sorry I am not breeding ackies.

Ackies are capable of producing several clutches a year, and if kept in the right way, will breed year round. So you should be able to expect at least one clutch of ackies floating around within the next month. Also have you tried URS? They usually have them...and for good price!

Bryony get the best looking ackies you can find, they a like beardies now so anything nice stands out from the rest.
Theres some nice reds for sale on the herp trader, not sure if they are still avalible but definately worth a look.
As Brodie said they will be everywhere soon and you won't have any trouble getting normal ackies.

cool, thanx guys

i'll just wait it out...... but i'm toooo excited!!!!!
ahhhhhh
damn hugsta look what you have done.....

Monitors are more addictive then snakes I rekon.... I currently have 7 :( Im broke now though hehe

i must admit i had been wanting ackies for ages until a couple of weeks ago when i got 4, and now i want a spencers monitor as they are awesome looking (only seen pics so far unfortunetly) oh i also had varanus gouldi for a while as well.

from what i have seen they dont look too bad, i dont wanna go with what all my mates down here have which is lacey's and i want something diff, but not yet as i have commited myself to a hatchy pair of bhp's at the end of the year sometime.

Yes:p
hehe na, all the ones I have seen in the flesh as adults were disgusting looking, but I have seen some pics of nice ones in books. They look so cool as juvies though!!

Sorry Bryony!
Oh also, you could try Roy Pails, his are a bit expensive but would be good animals!! Probably worth the investment!

roy pails have a website?
i get a bit confused with all of them

if ackies can breed so many times a year.....
why are they $350+?
just wondering......:)

I would pay that for reds for sure, normal ackies 200, maybe 250

i actually havn't seen a normal ackie b4.......
only red phase.....
pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back