Breeding an older python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant Johnson

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I have a Female 18 year old spotted python, I’m wondering if there is an age where they can’t or shouldn’t be used for breeding?
I don’t have a male for her yet and am after some advice first.
Thanks

Depends on size more than age but a 'typical' sized 18 month old spotted is capable of breeding.

18yo is very old for Anterasia.I certainly wouldn't bother even trying to breed her at that age.

Depends on size more than age but a 'typical' sized 18 month old spotted is capable of breeding.

*18 YEAR

If she looks in good nick and I had a reason to want babies out of that particular one I'd give it a go. I bred one every year until she was about 15 (and she'd likely have kept going if I kept trying).

My apologies. In my defence I have read so much **** and drivel over the past few days I've taken to speed reading everything. Obviously not doing it too well.

My apologies. In my defence I have read so much **** and drivel over the past few days I've taken to speed reading everything. Obviously not doing it too well.

Haha, I can relate to that! I made the same mistake a couple of days ago in regard to a heat lamp and someone called me out on it, questioning my very identity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back