Breeding and selling lizards in QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando_fish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just looking for any information or help about whether, under a recreational wildlife licence in Queensland, can you sell lizards that you have breed in captivity (as a hobby, but not commercially as i don't intend to make a profit or a living off this).

For example: I am looking at getting 3 central netted dragons however I wont exactly know the sex, if they breed could I incubate the eggs and sell them among other wildlife licence holders (as they can't be released into the wild) with my current recreational wildlife licence?

Thanks, ANY response will be greatly appreciated.

Central Netted Dragons are of the Genus Ctenophorus (pronounced Tenoforus) ie: Ctenophorus nuchalis. Males have a distinct "arch" shape row of little holes (femoral pores) that extend up the under thigh of one rear leg across the lower part of the underbelly just above the anus (pre-anal pores) and back down the under thigh of the other leg. They are pretty easy to see in adults but you might have to use a magnifying glass with juveniles. Either way you can tell reproductive adult males as they develop an orange/reddish colour under their throat and on their head.

Cheers,

George

Cheers Stevo,
Thanks very much George, would one male and two females best suit a trio, due to male dominance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back