Breeding Antaresia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamonds

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys
was just wondering when people are introducing there ants and what location your in , there seems to be a lot of variation in when people do it

Most people have already introduced ants and are seeing locks already, I don't keep ants this is just from what I've seen on fb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a new lady today and the breeder I got her from said that she had been locked in tight with her boyfriend on more than one occasion already.... Western Australia

Last edited:
Well there's a possibility you will get a clutch from her then, I would start doing lots of research on the process of breeding. In which they ovulate then a month or so later will have a prelay shed then approx a month later they will lay.
Then you also need to prepare for incubation. Are you going to let mum do it or artificially incubate

Then you need to research housing and getting hatchlings feeding which is difficult again

We bought a clutch of spotted hatchlings from a breeder who'd broken his arm and couldn't feed them. Hard going getting them to eat. Lost half of them.

We bought a clutch of spotted hatchlings from a breeder who'd broken his arm and couldn't feed them. Hard going getting them to eat. Lost half of them.

I've heard spotteds can be little pains to get feeding, carpets are sooo easy once you know what your doing :)

thinking I may try my hand at artificial incubation if it comes to that :) she's never bred before so it's all just a wait n see game at this stage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back