Breeding brothers and sisters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaa

Reaction score
I was just wondering what peoples views are on breeding brothers and sisters?
I have 2 Pygmy Bearded Dragons and I suspect they are both female but what do I do If breeding season comes and they turn out to be male and female?
Should I not allow them to breed because they are brother and sister or does that not really matter?
Does the same apply for snakes with regards to a brother and sister pairs?

I dont know the exact pro's and cons but many people prefer unrelated offspring and many prefer to stay within a single family line so I guess its a personal choice.IMO I dont see any problems with it,After all inbreeding etc is the way to go for a particular hetero to establish a line/strain that you are chasing.This is how many breeders establish Hypomenalistic,Anerythristic, Amelanistic etc species.

CC, I thought out where you live, this was common practice.
Oh, we're talking about animals, I have been informed. Sorry CC :oops:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hehe no need for appologies.
The only problem with the inbreeding around here is that the offspring seem to be malformed.The government even had to build a special hospital on the Hawksburry river to house the heterozygous.lol :lol:

Nothing wrong with sisters.
And yes Afrofish i am sure that you would happily inbreed with anybody's sister.

I have a hunch that the Afro sits in that reptile pit not to show off the pit but to hide his fishy tail.........the result of another fishy tale if you ask me.

Go on Phil - stand up I dare you - you African Chick Diddler.

G :wink:

Well that reptile pit is a turtle pond and enclosure actually :) But as you have thrown down the gauntlet, (a type of Glove), I will stand up on the weekend, remember, YOU asked for it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back