Breeding frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy77

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i have decided to breed my frogs and today is the night!, i have setup the tank with it having the whole bottom water.
hopefully have some eggs in the morning if i'm lucky, any tips or suggestions would be great, will keep u updated.....
cheers,
......Jake.....;)

He has green tree frogs which are natural flood breeders, I think raising water levels in the cage during a naturally warm period of weather in which frogs are already active and calling, looking for a situation to breed should have more success than just leaving the cage and hoping.

He has green tree frogs which are natural flood breeders, I think raising water levels in the cage during a naturally warm period of weather in which frogs are already active and calling, looking for a situation to breed should have more success than just leaving the cage and hoping.

i have also got the mister and a fountain going to simulate rain and running water.

oh ok, welll there not just going to lay eggs over night

there is the possibility they could as they have been croaking all night long since it has been getting hot lately (in Sydney)

i have been hoping and trying many different to encourage my greens to breed including putting them through a winter putting the water at the suggested temp, increased folage, increased water, i even have frog breeding music to encourage the love....... but no luck!! let me know if anything works and ill try that too! Good luck jake!! :)

well get like a kind of spraying system aswell, in some way,shape or form. also leaves and branches hanging over the water more

i have been hoping and trying many different to encourage my greens to breed including putting them through a winter putting the water at the suggested temp, increased folage, increased water, i even have frog breeding music to encourage the love....... but no luck!! let me know if anything works and ill try that too! Good luck jake!! :)

hope yours breed as well, the person i get my frogs off and who breeds them (gorfgirl) has just bred her mags and now has thousands of eggs from just from filling the bottom of her tank with water with no added spraying, misting, extra plants, ect...

Last edited:
aw that awesome! yeah i spray mine 3 times a day i am in the process of making a rain system too!
is it true that you are supposed to leave the taddies in there until they morph? I heard this the other day and i was under the impression you were supposed to take out the eggs as the frogs will eat them?

aw that awesome! yeah i spray mine 3 times a day i am in the process of making a rain system too!
is it true that you are supposed to leave the taddies in there until they morph? I heard this the other day and i was under the impression you were supposed to take out the eggs as the frogs will eat them?

Karen (gorfgirl) has told me that she took the frogs out of the enclosure as they had destroyed a lot of the eggs from jumping through the night, ect... and then put the frogs back in after retrieving the eggs and putting them in another tank.... oh and i'm pritty sure the frogs want eat the eggs but will eat the tadpoles...

yeah thats what i meant the tadpoles i was told to leave them in until they morph.....thought that was a bit weird! well good luck anyway jake let me know how you go matey!

yeah thats what i meant the tadpoles i was told to leave them in until they morph.....thought that was a bit weird! well good luck anyway jake let me know how you go matey!

no problems, i am trying to breed the greens as well as the mags which i didn't mention.... Jake ;)

The frogs will generally find a partner and amplex over quite a period of time up to a few weeks at the longest before laying eggs is I think what Zactherfrog is trying to convey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back