Breeding infomation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adictv

Reaction score
Hi, iv got 2 females and 1 male childrens python that i want to breed this season. Iv been reading the complete guide to aussie pythons but find it is writen poorly and need some clarification.
1. Start cooling by reducing temps and light hrs April also stop feeding.
2. Introduce male may.
3. When do i stop putting them together?

1: Sure. I go a bit later but the exact timing isn't important.

2: I go a bit earlier but the exact timing isn't important.

3: When she's obviously gravid or when you've given up. If they're mating like mad then suddenly stop after about June or July, stop. If they're still going for it you can leave them together as long as you like.

If you're referring to 2, going earlier isn't generally going to help, but it's not going to hurt, and humans are impatient, so they're keen to have a go even if there's just a tiny chance of it doing anything, or even if just to amuse themselves. Sometimes I stick them together far earlier than could possibly be of any benefit, just to see what they'll do. In many cases it wouldn't make any difference if you didn't introduce them until July or sometimes even August. If you do it too late and they don't ovulate, then you've missed the season.

Latest posts

Back