• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breeding pair of Major Mitchell's Cockatoos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragozz

Reaction score
Hey All

I have a breeding pair of Major Mitchell's Cockatoos for sale. Stunning birds in perfect feather. They are 6 years old, not hand tame as they were parent raised not hand raised. You won't find a more beautiful pair of Major's than these. Regretful sale as I don't have any more room for them due to expansion into other parrot species.

I am asking $800 for the pair o.n.o.( Class 1 birdkeeper's licence required as they are a protected species.)

Will not freight.

Attachments

• majors.JPG
    majors.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 705
  • major2.JPG
    major2.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 476
yes they had one clutch with 2 very healthy chicks (this number of chicks is normal for the first clutch) before I took them out of the aviary. We hand raised their babies, they turned out really good :) We have pics of the babies as well :)

how much would the chicks usually go for....if left alone or hand reared?

I sold my hand raised ones for $650 each. You will always get more for hand raised than parent raised.

Mickousley PM me of you like with what you have in mind, but would probably want to just sell.

Hey Dragozz

What size enclosure is or was the breeding cage that they nested in?

the aviary in which they bred was 2m wide by 2.8m long. 2.1 high.

Did you pull the first pair of chicks for hand rearing? or did you let the parents raise them fully?

we wanted to hand raise the babies so we took them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back