Breeding woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im gonna order some woodies, 500 to start me off and while they get up and running (breeding) i have some crickets left to feed off, but when i order them what size should i get? Adults, med, small or mixed?

How long have you had the woodies lloydy? It will probably take 3 or 4 weeks before anything happens.
Put them on a heat mat, chuck in some food..and leave them alone.. if you are using them to feed lizards, make a seperate "feeding tub" so you don't have to disturb the breeders..i heard that opening the tub all the time stresses them out..don't know how true that is... i have 2 tubs, one i use for feeding and the other one i leave alone and they r breeding madly.

i know nothing about them but i reckon mixed (just seems like common sense)
and the idea is seems to be growing in my head.. but i only have 2 beardies....well.....they are definatly hungry enough :)

Lizard, i only have 1 beardie and a thick tailed lol and a green tree frog on the way and i'm finding myself spending more money than comfortable on food lol! Im planning on getting a bigger collection so i'm going to start now. And yeah ill think ill go with the mixed :)

I didint have any fluon so I used cooking oil spray around the top of the tub, worked a treat. The tub is just sitting on top of the enclosure and they are breeding like crazy. Mine get dry dog food and kitchen scaps, like the end of carrots, apple cores, and other bits and pieces. They go nuts for grapefruit, orange and mandarin. Also gave them the kids leftover tuna sangas, they went nuts!

Lizard, i only have 1 beardie and a thick tailed lol and a green tree frog on the way and i'm finding myself spending more money than comfortable on food lol! Im planning on getting a bigger collection so i'm going to start now. And yeah ill think ill go with the mixed :)
we get about $21 a week on crix so breeding seems the way to go coz mom doesnt want to pay more,
lol yeh mine beardies are still juvies....ish and im getting a colony of blueys, and/or cunninghams at the end of the year :)
i wouldnt mind a thick-tailed.. they are so random

lol i have soo many hungry dragons/gex we got a started colony the other week and we depleted it quite a bit in 2 weeks sooo we are leaving them be for a bit to re build... and buying in feeders and toperuperas lol looking to get about 2000 in the next week . that outta do it. we were spending like 60$ a fourtnight and still running out of crix. i LOVE woodies... so much cheaper.. easier .. breed like crazy and i do pretty much nothing sounds good to me!!!

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to separate the babies from the adults. I cant stand touching them. Stoopid I know I just hate the scrambling sound they make when you take the box lid off. Thanks

Make a baby woodie trap. Put a piece of carrot in a small container and make holes big enough for the young ones to get through but not the adults.. or use tweezers to pick the young ones up individually. Why do you need them seperated?

Sel - i think its been about 2 weeks now since i got them?
Still havent noticed any "newborns" kinda getting inpatient haha.
Hopefully soon though!

I bought 2 more tubs on the weekend to kinda "top up"

I do have a seperate tub that i use but i do occasionaly open the main colony tub to ovbiously get some out for feeding over the next few days, shouldnt be a problem should it?

Im only feeding one beardie at the moment, and she eats like a horse!
Luckily my big male, Chace is still brumating or i would be out of woodies by now as he eats like a horse too! Lol

So yeah hopefully by the end of the week ill notice some littles onea crawling around!

Anyone got a tiny bit of spare fluron their willing to send me? Im happy to pay for postage and i'm in melbourne.

I have an odd question that i cant really work out.

I did a ring of fluron on the ground and put a woodie in it.. it happily ran over it...? why is this? lol

dont ask me why i did it.. i just did! lol

I did a ring of fluron on the ground and put a woodie in it.. it happily ran over it...? why is this? lol

It only works on verticle surfaces

If someone put a ring of slippery ice around you you could run over it, but good luck climbing a vertical surface covered in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back