Breeding woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think im gonna have enough..
No breeding as yet and some are dying and most getting eaten, lol.

Gonna order 3-4k from that livefoods.com.au and go from there :)

3-4k,how do you count them?
you are feeding off your potential breeding stock, stop feeding them off or buy some more
i started with a mixed bag of sizes, and now got thousands, well i thinks so, just learning how to count their numbers

Yeah i think ive pretty much fed them all off, lol
Dont think i bought enough to start with..

I think what im gonna do is buy 3-4k, which im in the process now.

Seperate 1k (or round abouts) in a seperate tub for feeding, and leave the rest to breed for a month or so. Gonna negelct the crap outta them and see how that goes lol.

Well mine have now been kicked outside with no heat. Cant handle the stink factor! Maybe I'm being a pathetic girl with an oversensitive nose but they were making my herp room smell like feet. So anyways, I'm hoping they wont die out there.

Yeah they reek. They'll be fine Megzz mine always live outside

If theyre anything like crickets. the smell is often from an unhygienic setup. The bacteria wont grow (causing smell) if you keep things correct.
Lack of ventilation, and too much moisture are often what cause's the smell.

hth

Sometimes I smell bad.. do you think I have bacteria growing all over me?

Yes bacteria can lead to a stink... but my woodies stink a day after they have been cleaned out. They do plenty of poos which don't smell like roses and I swear they fart.. sometimes when I pick them up they reeeek

hey lloydy thats a good idea to keep 1000 or so for feeding, i'm not sure how to tell the sex but try and pick out the males and let the females lay. And 'im not sure but did you put the right address on that fluron lol? Hasn't come yet, i don't mean to sound impatient but i'm only in Eltham so shouldn't take them too long to get it here lol.....

livefoods.com.au

is that a real place/address? cause i cant find it and im curious to have a lookie at it please

easy, you weigh a sample of a known amount, ie; 50 roaches may be 10g (no idea of actual weights - just example), then to get 1000 roaches just weigh out 200g. Not going to be exact, but close enough too!

Jeannie, i dont think they have a website but just email Livefoods Unlimited <[email protected]> They are really great they have fast responses and just ask for the price sheet.

Jeannie, i dont think they have a website but just email Livefoods Unlimited <[email protected]> They are really great they have fast responses and just ask for the price sheet.

VERY fast response! lol

Rookie - i got a call from Auspost.. They didnt let me send the fluron through normal post haha, they had to quarintine it or something :S
I can re-send it again, but ill have to do it through a different thing..
Still in need of it?

yeah mate, i'm not too desperate just the Vaseline is very messy lol, but don't worry if its too much trouble! Im very happy to pay for postage and wasting your time :) Cheers mate.

Hi all ,
YES livefoods is a real company
their details are
phone 07 55338375
email: [email protected]
If you live in gold coast area email for pick up address

they get their fluon from herpshop as they are the only importers of this porduct to australia

also if want a price list i have one for all their insects and rodents or email them as the above address

I bought 1000 woodies about 2 years ago and since then I keep them alternating from sitting on top of my Beardie's tank overnight and then move them outside during the day to dry out the humidity build up.
It's worked great and they have bred up really well. I might pick out about 3 - 5 dead ones per day.

hey guys i'm really interested in breeding wood cockroaches. My parents are really sick of buying food and threatened to force me to sell my reptiles if i don't do something about it. So i've tried breeding crickets but thats really hard and fiddly and i'm struggling a lot. So i'd like to give woodies a crack but i need some info. I've searched around a lot and i have a fair idea on housing, feeding heating ect.. but I'm stuck on something i actually couldn't find. Where do they lay their eggs, do i incubate them? How many eggs do they lay? I only have a 2 beardies and a thick tailed so how many woodies should i start off with? Do i get adults or mixed? How long do eggs take to hatch? Do i separate the babies from adults? Any help would be very appreciated.

ur better off breeding crix then woodies cause they dont feel too much weird like cockroaches and easy way to breed my first try was successful about thousand pinheads. but if ur sick in tired of em then u can do woodies for woodies u need 60-90L storage or normal container dont need substrate but could use organic soil, u need fluon from herptrader just paint it on the inside top near lid or use vasaline, for lid u can cut a big hole in centre and get from bunnings fly wire mesh and stick it under hole of lid or use no lid and use mesh, dont need any breeding containers because they do the same thing like spiny leaf insects the females lay eggs no need of male and they hav live young from an eggsack so yeah no breeding stuff needed, but for the haelthy breeding process must hav heat between 25-30 degrees u can use heat bulb with es fitting cord used for reptiles or low wattage heat mat but not sure about heat cord u hav to loook that up , no light needed whatsoever , egg cartons for hiding and feed them ur food scraps no bones and hard stuff like that just waist food that u just ate and u can use all the veggies and fruits that u buy regurally plus bread dry dog/cat biscuits and other stuff like that, if starts minor smell dw about it if gets annoying then. when u got the setup for it from before remember to buy an other container so when u clean it out u can use the new one and repeat the steps when u clean. and oh yeah u should use a chinese or tubberware container for food so if mould starts its in the container,

bye cheers,
JD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back