Brighton and boondal bushlands

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I have been going for morning walks around the wetlands at Brighton and Boondal the last few days and thought i would share some photos . I found 2 blueys mating yesterday but didnt manage to get a good photo through the long grass and today i found my first yellow faced whip snake :) its got some really nice colour to it , there is also a few bird photos .

cheers Nico

Boondal bushlands

yellow faced whip snake.jpg

cockatoo1.jpg

kookaburra2.jpg

lorrikeet.jpg

tawny tree.jpg

tawny3.jpg

eggs.jpg

Brighton wetlands
wetlands.jpg

wetlands2.jpg

lorrikeet.jpg

grubs.jpg

finch.jpg

beardie.jpg

The whip snake was a lucky find , i have walked about 50-60 K's in the last week and have not seen 1 snake ( closest i got was a coastal shed :) ) today i was just about back at the car and looked a a bit of old concrete pipe ( that i have looked at every day ) and thought i should flip it over today , im glad i did because thats where the little whip snake was sitting :)

How long does it take after a bush fire for snakes to move in to the area ? I'm guessing that there would be some survivers but also a lot that would get burnt . It is pretty bare at brighton at the moment because a fire went through about 3 weeks ago and i have not been able to find any reptiles yet .

Last edited:
Can take a little while after a bush fire, what is great is immediately after a low intensity fire the few available cover spots can be packed with herps to find.

Thanks mate I didn't think of that :) I try not to disturb logs and stuff but I will have another look around and check more hiding spots out

There would have been pigs there years ago , i suppose there could be some there its thick bush . There are kangaroos in there . Here is a few more photos from today

cheers nico

P9170786.jpg
P9170938.jpg
P9170930.jpg
P9170916.jpg
P9170912.jpg
P9170903.jpg
P9170890.jpg
P9170884.jpg
P9170878.jpg
P9170876.jpg
P9170867.jpg
P9170874.jpg
P9170856.jpg
P9170850.jpg
P9170847.jpg
P9170822.jpg
P9170813.jpg
P9170812.jpg
P9170947.jpg

Brighton, that is funny, I grew up there. Try going for a walk down the tinchi tamba wetlands, they have some interesting wild life watching there, if not try the boondall to nudgee walking track that is interesting too.

thanks chrisy , i have been hitting most of them tracks latly , today i went out to petrie to the pumping station only found 1 nice water dragon and some birds .
We also got the RC rock climber out for a while till we dropped the tail shaft :)

cheers nico

water dragon3.jpg

water dragon2.jpg

water dragon.jpg

b2.jpg

bird2.jpg

wren.jpg

rc1.jpg

rc2.jpg

rc3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.