Bring back the old skool music!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I was raised with good music taste. I hate most of the 'pop' that's coming out these days and I don't get how the tweens can work themselves up into that much hysteria over one single band who wont even be around for 2-5yrs.

I love the '80s rock (Cold Chisel, Icehouse etc.) AC/DC, Metallica as well. My all-time favourite band is Nickelback (bring on the hate, I don't care, it's what make them famous and a great band - they just don't care (whose making the millions ;) ))

I do like a little bit of techno, as long as it's not the lyrical repetitive stuff - something that sounds like a broken record isn't music. Very rarely will I listen to country music. People would be surprised what's in my iTunes :lol:

Once upon a time I was offered a 4 hour slot on a volunteer radio sataion in Addle Aid. 4 hours ate up all my favourite songs in one hit. So I diversified, found people with collections of rare/ obscure jazz, blues, wax records from the 20's, all sorts.

I called the show STUFF and quickly went from a Tuesday AM slot to Satdee arvo. I just mixed it up, Elvis followed by Stravinsky, followed by Lee Scratch Perry followed by Miles Davis, etc, etc. The only talking I did was listing the artists and songs. I had a ball and apparently people liked it.

So I have a very open mind when it comes to music. It's all recycled with variations really. ("ALL ART IS PLAGARISM")

Bear in mind until about a century ago (not that long really) recording was not invented so great musician's music died when they did. Only the writers of music were remembered. Sometimes these days I worry about the creative spirit when I hear the same old guff trotted out with a new video clip, but never for long, human artistry is alive and well, you just need to dive below the commercial froth and submerge yourself in the cool waters of good music. It abounds. Finding it is the trick!

LOL Josh im so bad i seriously thought u meant HAND sex as in Mrs Palmer LOL i only just got it!

I like a bit of everything.Metallica,AC/DC,Cold Chisel,Creedence,red hot chili peppers,Green Day,Disturbed.i don't like country,and I can only handle a certain amount of pop-style music.

There is heaps of of new music worth listening to these days, the only problem is you never hear it because the commercial industry cant make money off it. If you have access to internet its easy to find, i like to put pitfm on when im at my computer even if they dont play everything im into.
I also find going to the small shows on that showcase the local talent a good way of filling my playlist

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

LOL Josh im so bad i seriously thought u meant HAND sex as in Mrs Palmer LOL i only just got it!

I was wondering what you were on about... but I didn't say anything.

░▒▄█▀▄░▒██░░░▒▐██▒▐█▀█▒▐█▀▀░░▒▐█▀█▒▐█▀▀█▌▒▐█▀▀█▌▒▐█▀█▒▐█▀▀▒▐█▀▀▄
▒▐█▄▄▐█▒██░░░░▒█▌▒▐█ ░▒▐█▀▀░░▒▐█░░▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▄█▒▐█▀▀▒▐█▒▐█
▒▐█░▒▐█▒██▄▄█▒▐██▒▐█▄█▒▐█▄▄░░▒▐█▄█▒▐██▄█▌▒▐██▄█▌▒▐█░░▒▐█▄▄▒▐█▀▄▄
┏━━━┳┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┓
┃┏━┓┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃
┃┃╋┃┃┃┏┳━━┳━━┓┃┃╋┗┫┃╋┃┃┃╋┃┃┗━┛┃┗━━┫┗━┛┃
┃┗━┛┃┃┣┫┏━┫┃━┫┃┃╋┏┫┃╋┃┃┃╋┃┃┏━━┫┏━━┫┏┓┏┛
┃┏━┓┃┗┫┃┗━┫┃━┫┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┃╋╋┃┗━━┫┃┃┗┓
┗┛╋┗┻━┻┻━━┻━━┛┗━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛┗━┛

Well that failed...

Last edited:
Status