Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atothej09

Reaction score
I just love the look, size and temperament of the Ball Python.

Is there a petition we can organise and sign to send to the government to have an exception on this species??

I can't be the only one that wants one.

python03.jpg

According to customs you can get in most animals if you have the knowledge and High security facilities IE your own zoo. Just buy a zoo.

Id do almost anything for a Ball Python, but i think the chances of getting our ozzie hands on one is zero to bucklies. ;)

pfft. so many people in oz have ball pythons u couldn't even imagine it. unfortunately, they put regulations andd now we cant have them. but seriously, some of australian pythons can be nearly as colourful as some of the ball pythons

NO!!! the risks of importing animals isn't worth it IMO. And once we have one exotic in people will want more, and if we get more we will have more of a chance of getting horrible diseases. So IMO if you want these animals go overseas. It might be harsh but thats my opinion. And my undersdtanding of why O/S have better looking snakes than us is because they breed ALOT more than us because of the snake owning population over there, and the more bred the more chance of crazy morphs popping up...

Will

You want a ball python go to the states Australia has so many beautiful animals I don't know what people can't be happy with them.

Ball pythons are already around, just not legal..
I much prefer our natives though, give me a bredli or darwin or bhp anyday..

Importing them wouldnt be too bad though, i dont see the risk as mentioned about disease etc..
I think its better to have a lot of things imported legally, and put through quarantine, than illegally with no quarantine...

Look what cats and dogs have done though. But they are still legal.....

Ball pythons are already around, just not legal..
I much prefer our natives though, give me a bredli or darwin or bhp anyday..

Importing them wouldnt be too bad though, i dont see the risk as mentioned about disease etc..
I think its better to have a lot of things imported legally, and put through quarantine, than illegally with no quarantine...

Im offered or show ball pythons at least a handful of times in a year as well as other exotics i swear if u hang out in any petshop down sydney and talk about snakes there always some misinformed fellow itching to tell u about the corns or boas his uncle is selling lol.
And exotics must be moving up the coast as for the first time the other day in port i was offered corns....why does the world tempt me so lol.
Im quite happy with my natives thanks lol.

What price do they offer you them at the only exotic I was ever offered was at 10,000. I was like not worth it not worth the fine. If it were cheaper I still wouldn't consider it. But I am curious the black market value of herps.

every things already here if they legalised it they might be able to monitor exotics better

Isn't the legislation on weed way stricter in QLD? Like isn't the price much higher.

Weeds too expensive in victoria too lol. Back to the point> So im guessing its completly impossible to bring in 2 ball pythons Male/Female and to breed them? Legal or not legal???

Given a choice i'd take retics over balls.. If we were ever ''allowed'' to have them..

Yeah I would rather a Retic much more impressive. The way things are going with Jag's and AHG's Looks like exotics are slowly getting into the hobby here. But I am no expert.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Aussie Pythons (always will), but I also love the look of the Ball Python.
Each to their own, but I guess I am in a minority so far :(

i wouldn't expect to be aloud to have all exotics/big exotics but just to legally get BP's and/or corns in AUS would be sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back