Brisbane/Ipswich outdoor lizard pits?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogdor1988

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone around the brisbane/Ipswich area keeps any lizards in outdoor pits, and if so whats the go, do you bring them inside during the colder months or do they still go alright outdoors? I've been thinking of getting some blotched or w.a blueys, and maybe cunningham skinks too put in a pit outside, but just wondering as it does get quite cold here in the cooler months, and pretty bloody hot in the warm months.

Cheers
Steve

I have 1 outdoor pit with 2 land mullets, 2 eastern blueys, 2 cunninghams and an eastern water dragon. They stay outside all year round, but we have hides dug into the ground with pipe going into them and that keeps them warm in winter and we have a lot of native plants in there which keeps them cool in summer.

I agree cleobhp, any pics? The old aviary im considering converting into a outdoor cage/pit has a cement and rock floor though so ill have too smash that out i guess.

More recent ones, has changed a bit since the pics I just posted

It's just an old above ground swimming pool.

Wow cleobhp that's an impressive set up!

Thanks Fluke its lizard heaven. Lol and the best thing was we only spent money on the netting. Plants and rocks we found in our garden and transplanted them in there.

DSC01599.jpg it has changed a lot since the first start of setting out but its home to a cbd and 2 bluies atm but is going to be for our ewds once they are bigger

They look good.I'm converting one of my aviary's on the weekend to house my laceys.

Yeah, we got given a 22000 litre swimming pool that we are converting into a pit for our lace monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back