[Brisbane]Sex pest brush turkeys targeting chickens, say scientists

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australis

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Sex pest brush turkeys targeting chickens, say scientists

February 17, 2009 09:30am

AMOROUS brush turkeys are raping chickens as their numbers rise in Brisbane and they look for a mate, a leading Queensland biologist says.
Griffith University Associate Prof Darryl Jones said the once-rare native brush turkey could go the way of the ibis and become a permanent fixture of the suburban environment.

But their increase in numbers might be bad news for other birds, Prof Jones, as they risked being attacked by the amorous turkeys.

"Bluntly, that's a form of rape," he said.

"Especially black chickens they seem to think 'oh well, these look close enough' and they'll mate with them."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25066433-5013016,00.html

Lol this looks familiar, I think I got it in an email the other night with the title "Turkey's feel like chicken tonight" :lol:

mmmmm

Q.How does a chicken feel ?????????????????????????

Keep your domestic chickens in the yard and you wont have any problems.

can turkeys breed with chickens?

My friends chickens are being raped by turkeys and shes wondering if this will result in offspring? iv'e never heard of turkey hybrids but it does seem plauseable.

lol if she gets any offspring let me know i wouldn't mind a chicken x brush turkey :)

Hmmm. I can see a Kentucky Fried Hibrid bird store opening soon. Or even a Red Hibrid bird Store opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back