Broad Banded Sand Swimmers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol well not the responce i was looking for but ive heard because they squirm and thrash and drop their tail

It's really not that hard, a large tub, filler with 3 inches of sand and a heatmat under a quarter of it...done.

As for handling, I have had a hatchy drop it's tail and I didn't even retrain it, was just trying to get it from on tub to another for cleaning.... it's the only lizard I have ever had drop it tail, even though I have bred and kept a stack of various critters and handle them daily... adult can be handled, though if restrained with twist, deficate and bite...all at once ;).... but they get over it.

they are about 100 a hatchling danny brown will have some this season no doubt

jason you breeding these guys this year?

Just got one today VERY happy with it So cute and he seems to enjoy his enclosure already ate a few crickets for me :D:D Awesome little critter loves to explore and atm i dont need any heating equipmentDamn wierd bloody weather *shakes fist* .

The way he chases down and demolishes those little crickets makes me laugh every time :lol:

.. Anyway thankyou ALL for the awesome info i will be posting some pictures later when my camera is full charged

Um im not sure on the size but my camera should be done soon

I would also like to know from either or both Phillk or Jason how much you feed a younger swimmer and the daily duties etc. It was recommended while mine is growing that i dust the crickets with the calcium+Vit d3 suppliment

Last edited:
going on how much i fed my baby whites skinks afew pin head krickets every 2 days i guess

Heres a pic not that great but alright for quick 2 min job (dont wanna disturb him to much)

Attachments

• Sand Swimmer 002.jpg
    Sand Swimmer 002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 130
I feed mine as much as they can eat daily, roughly about about 10 small crickets a day, don't waste your time with pinheads... yes, I will be breeding them. $50ea. pick-up only of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back