Broad Banded Sand Swimmers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thats what im thinking but as soon as he got home he devoured like 4 crickets and bout the same the next morning then he just stopped so yeah
Mine can't resist anything that moves. Have you got the temps right in your enclosure? I feed them day old woodies. The smallest ones I can find. They devour them.
They also eat mealworms, but I try not to feed them too much.

Here's an old video of mine eating woodies.
[video=youtube;2zZlpJksa0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZlpJksa0w[/video]

Well im not sure how to get 'temps' right when ive been told they overheat easy and because its really weird hot weather atm i dontheat at all only a little bit of a blast of heat at night to keep a section of the tank warmer till morning sun but yeah he still hasnt eaten

Its all good he does his business almost every day and its just i was feeding him and long intervals once he gets going hes really going haha

Hey anyone who owns Some broad banded swimmers if i should mist them if so how much

give them a really shallow water dish and provide fresh water daily.

Chris if you cant get them in vic its more than likely that they are illegal to freight....

broadbanded are not on VIC license, only narrow banded.

whats the differences between the two? size? etc?

Hey all ! My Sand swimmer is in shed it looks like he has it under control but is there anything i should do or let nature take its course ?

He seems to be biting at his feet to get the shed off and his tail looks like it has a mind of its own

My guys look very flakey at the moment. They eventually shed like snakes, with the majority of the skin coming off in one piece towards the tail.

yeah hes just suddenly started going at it lol there is alot of hunks of skin around
But with his legs hes nibbling at thme and pulling trying to get the skin off

Yeah thats what i was thinking i was just wondering cause i give my beardy i nice warm bath (which i obviously cant do for my swimmer) But i was wondering if there as anything else but if not great he seems to be nearly done anyway by the looks of it just a few blotches of skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back