Brown tree and night tigers advice/pointers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's taken a while but I just got my hands on a large pair of bts. the females eaten 2 hopper rats from tongs whilst the smaller male only licks his mouse as if he's waiting for it to move. Ill invest in one of the vibrator dishes for him there sub-straight is Pete moss with fresh cut furn leaves, the thermos on 28 while the basking is around 33-35 and a cool end of 25-27 are these temps good ? I haven't had a chance to check humidity yet and will do so asap

Temps seem ok but just ensure you are checking them early in the morning when the ambient temp is at its lowest so you are actually getting the temps stated. Also have a chat to the person you got them off to see if your temps are what they are used to being kept at. How long have you had the male and are you offering it the same type of food (adult, sub adult) as it's used to? How many hides have you got for them as well?

Try check the basics with these guys before spending money on other things as they can be finicky if they want to be.

Last edited:
Bump.
I'll be getting my first BTS soon. SniperCap posted his enclosures on another thread. Has anyone else got pics of BTS enclosures?

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION], apologies for the delay. A couple of pics of the display enclosures for these guys. They have multiple hides on different levels in the built enclosure that weren't in these pictures but the hides are made from smaller ice cream containers that can have moss or wet towel inserted to make a "moist hide" when shedding.

Im currently setting up some enclosures based on 50L tubs stood up on their ends with perspex/plastic shelves installed that allow the snakes to regulate their temps as well as stack nicely in the reptile room. Will PM you the plans so far if you are intrested?

Please excuse the terrible photos, they were taken in a rush

20140116_215016.jpg20140117_063237.jpg20140116_215118.jpg

@Snowman, apologies for the delay. A couple of pics of the display enclosures for these guys. They have multiple hides on different levels in the built enclosure that weren't in these pictures but the hides are made from smaller ice cream containers that can have moss or wet towel inserted to make a "moist hide" when shedding.

Im currently setting up some enclosures based on 50L tubs stood up on their ends with perspex/plastic shelves installed that allow the snakes to regulate their temps as well as stack nicely in the reptile room. Will PM you the plans so far if you are intrested?

Please excuse the terrible photos, they were taken in a rush

View attachment 304165View attachment 304167View attachment 304166
Looks great! Yeah I'd be keen to see the plans.
Picking up my first one on the weekend if all goes well. It will be in a tub for a little bit while I quarantine it from the rest of my snakes. Gives me a bit more time to set up a good viv too.

here's my set-up, 4h x 2w x 2d. Keep BTS's & Night Tigers. BTS's excellent feeders & Night Tigers have their moments.
PB110144.jpg

November11th201235_zpsd9560d69.jpg

PB180262.jpg

PB180334.jpg

August8th201318_zpsa32972b8.jpg

P8080144_zps5d21c955.jpg

Now those are spectacular! That a stunning setup for a BTS [MENTION=15646]getarealdog[/MENTION]

So finally got my first one recently. Wanted to quarantine it like I always do, but it wouldn't feed in a tub. So it's in an enclosure and feeding well on adult mice. Really loving this species and can't wait to get more.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh forgat to say its a WA Kimberly local. Unfortunately DPaW stitched it up so we can export them. So the rest of Australia will have to wait on WA specimens for a while. Though they seem similar to the NT ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love night tigers, want to eventually keep a pair when I eventually upgrade my lic.

Terrible snakes mate, no idea why you want to keep them....

On Display - Female
DSC_2787.jpg

Freshly Shed - Male
DSC_5328.jpg

Yeah I know, they are so well patterned, closest I'll get to that kind of patterning for a while are Woma's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back