Brown Tree Frog Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hi I would like a pair of brown tree frogs to go with my collection and was wondering Amazing Amazon's Care sheet says they don't require heated water or any UV so is this true any tips would be great thanks.

I don't heat mine, but do provide UV. They are nocturnal so you probably don't need it but do use calcium on the food you provide.

A small exoterra or fish tank will be fine. If you can have a land and water area they will appreciate it. They hide in logs, under rocks etc in the wild and will sit in the water to absorb it. The water should be fairly still and clean. You can make it as simple or complicated as you like. I am in the process of doing another vivarium similar to my Keelback vivarium but for my brown tree frogs. If you do a search for keelback vivarium you will come across another link where I use live plants etc.

The two species I'm looking at are the southern brown and the striped marsh do the southern browns require heating or UV and could you please post some pics of your setup.

No heating required for either species. UV is optional but not 100% necessary. Use calcium powder for both when feeding and I will post images of the new enclosure when it is complete.

Um how often do you have to clean them and feed them.

Approx how old are they?
I've got one brown tree frog on it's own & I probably throw in 3,4 crickets in every 2nd day.
Cleaning really just comes down to spot cleaning & making sure the water is fresh.
I've got soil & some plants in my enclosure so I just consider the frog waste as nutrients for the plants.

definitely don't need heat , mine Cossy came to me via a box of yes COS lettuce at work . We found it 3 days after delivery snuggled up in a lettuce . .It went to F A T S for re assignment :D

Last edited by a moderator:
eastern water skinks would eat brown tree frogs for a breakfast
i use uv for my ewingii, i mainly do it because it brings out their green colour haha!

heres a pic of my tank for 7 ewingii

ive got a trio of green phase southern browns and one of them has been fading in colour. do you know what might be causing this?

Hi also are frogs easily transportable like Can you put them in a water proof click clack and take them to a holiday house.

Not particularly. You can move them about a bit but they do get stressed.
I think maybe you should do a little bit more research :)

Can you also keep two species together I want to keep 2 Southern Brown tree Frogs and 2 Striped Marsh Frogs can I do this or will they fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back