Bug ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
These little guys live in my rodent food. Any idea what they are? Sorry about the crappy photos. They are only about 4mm long so, as you can imagine, it's not that easy to get a non-blurry shot with an iPhone

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 136
Some sort of weevil...possibly a Granary Weevil (Sitophylus granarius) as it is in your rodent food.

its a click bug ;)
(I used to call them that when I was a kid because if you touch them they click lol)
Dorry not sure on the actual I.D, I have never seen weevil's.

Last edited:
We used to call them clicker beetles as well, they use this to get away from predators.

Used to pick upclick beetles by the head and body when I was 7 (gently of course) and they would always click.

Those click bugs still make me jump every time I go to prod them and they flip off the floor :p

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm pretty certain they aren't click bugs. I used to play with them as a kid too and these are way too tiny. The pictures are probably deceiving but, like I said, they are only about 4mm long. I assumed they were weevils but the head shape seems wrong. I'm leaning towards one of the Cucujidae family that Someday linked. They don't seem to be harmful to the rats and they don't eat much so I'm not worried. Was just curious to get an id. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back