Building a rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
Gday!
I’m just about to start building a rack using a white melamine cupboard from Bunnings as the basic beginning.
Going to be housing Anterasia in it. What size tubs are reccomended for adults?
Also, what heat cords are the best? And how many passes should I make across each shelf?

Cheers!!

Too many questions, not enough information supplied to answer them.

'What size are recommended?' - you'll get recommendations ranging from 5 litres to them needing a whole room per snake. I've experimented with all sorts of stuff, ranging from 4' enclosures to breeding them in 2 litre tubs.

Wattage of cord and number of passes/distance between lines is dependent on lots of things; ambient temperatures, whether or not the cord is routed into the wood, how the tub is set up, etc. Some people don't use any direct heating (either the local climate doesn't require it or the room is kept at the right temperature) and some use heaps. I used to use much more than most people, keeping about a third of the tubs heated with about 4-6 lines. Most people use 2-3, many use just one. Play around and see what works for you, or give more information and someone might give you a customised answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back