Building advice.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe87

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to finishing the cage I started to build in January now that my little MD isn't so little any more and I have a few questions. What is best belly heat or a basking area or should I have both. I was thinking of having a heat mat on the floor of the cage and then another higher up and then for light just a caged fluro with a natural bulb in it. Is this a good idea or should I go for one mat on the floor and then a basking platform higher in the cage. It's an all wood cage with a glass front. I don't know the dimensions but its might be120tall by 70deep by 90 wide at a really rough guess. Thanks in advance for your help. Any advice is will be happily taken on board.​

I wouldn't bother with any heat matts. Just set up a basking lamp (in a cage) on the ceiling of the enclosure and make a branch or platform around 30cm under the bulb. use a thermostat and place the probe on the wall next to the platform/branch. This set up will let the snake bask up high, and go to the bottom of the enclosure to cool down because heat rises.

This is how i keep all of my arboreal pythons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back