Bukling Diamond python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyewall

Reaction score
I Have a fairly small diamond python around 2 and a bit, not sure how much she weighs shes about 2-3 foot and want to know how long it will take her to get to breeding size? And I want her to lay as many eggs as possible

There is a great book called "Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons" Edited by Mike Swan.
Worth while read if you want to start breeding pythons.

Adult mice once a week and thinking about changing to small rats

She should be closer to adult rats at that age as oppose to mice. I suggest doing some research on the diamonds feeding n conditioning before even attempting to breed.
And if your going to breed her dont consider rats, feed her rats.

1 adult mouse once a week is why the snakes still 2-3ft at 2 years of age. it's probaly starving give her a nice big meal

I Have a fairly small diamond python around 2 and a bit, not sure how much she weighs shes about 2-3 foot and want to know how long it will take her to get to breeding size? And I want her to lay as many eggs as possible

I think you`ve got a bit more to concentrate on before you push her to "lay as many eggs as possible"

My piece of advice for you is weigh your snake (at least once a month) to monitor condition and feed your snake between 10% and 20% of its body weight once a week until winter (because under sized). Also I take it that you know that diamond pythons are not like other pythons and don't require hot spots as hot and reduced hours of heat? I would suggest like what has been said buy a book or two and do some reading. There is also some very good articles on the Southern Cross Reptiles website that may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back