Burleigh Heads (or Near) Snake Sitter Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztec

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
I have just brought my snake down to the Gold Coast and built him a fantastic crib. I am in the process of relocating from the far north and staying with a friend that has a cat and for this reason won't allow me to have my Python with me.

Is there anyone preferably female (my baby likes ladies) that wouldn't mind snake sitting while I get on my feet please?

His enclosure is 2m x 1m x 600cms deep.

IMG_9378.JPG

Last edited:
Can't help with the snake sitting, but had to comment. Great job on the enclosure, Aztec!

Oh hey! Thankyou!
Here's what it was when I got it.

IMG_9380.jpg

Oh hey! Thankyou!
Here's what it was when I got it.

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9382.JPG

I ripped out the insides and back of it. Got 19mm ply made a huge back door and floor. Painted, sealed. After the backlash of Cyclone Debbie found that cool branch F10'ed it and fixed it inside.
Got 150watt ceramic bulb in a cone over his perch (upper branch)

Probably unnecessarily but for his hide I got a terracotta planter and using insulation tape ran 4.5 mtrs of heat chord around the underside to use with a thermostat. I lined it with spagnum moss and put a roof of pressed coconut husk cutting an arched doorway and taping to the base. (But extreme I know)

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9368.JPG

Excessive but he's used to sleeping in Siberian goose down so comparatively this is roughing it.

IMG_9369.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing enclosure, i'm jealous. Great idea with the heated hide too.
As for the snake sitting, are there any specialty reptile stores nearby? Sometimes they offer boarding, but they usually aren't cheap...

Amazing enclosure, i'm jealous. Great idea with the heated hide too.
As for the snake sitting, are there any specialty reptile stores nearby? Sometimes they offer boarding, but they usually aren't cheap...

Hey Iguana
That's an idea, he's very handsome and makes a beautiful display. I'll definitely check that option out.
I looked at boarding but $25 a day is not in my budget at the moment.
Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not in his new palace, but if you had him in something smaller, could a vet be an option? Especially one who specialized in reptiles, they might be cheaper than boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back