Burmese python killing its keeper ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's very possible. Burmese get quite long and they are quite a heavy bodied python, easily possible of overpowering a person.

No, it isn't bogus. It can and has really happened. This is why we have the rule around here; One human for every six foot of snake. Our burms and adult boas could easily take out a grown man, should they really want to.

Far out I thought that we are not perceive by them as food. Maybe he smelled like rat or something.

Well, we aren't... most of the time. But they are the apex predators and we are silly humans. One of my burms tend to bite me about every six months or so. No reason, he just feels like it.
Other than that, its been sfe's (stupid feeding errors) that got one of us bit and sometimes wrapped.
It could have been a number of reasons the guy was killed. He wasn't supposed to have that animal out anyways.

Our own Australian scrub pythons can and have killed humans ...not saying it was gonna eat the person but attacked and coiled around the body, untill his life ended, did happen and is a reality that alot of people think is myth!.......

didnt jonno mention something about a scrubby killing someone he knew a few weeks back in a thread where a troll was saying we're all stupid for thinking a olive python could kill a human.

didnt jonno mention something about a scrubby killing someone he knew a few weeks back in a thread where a troll was saying we're all stupid for thinking a olive python could kill a human.

Yes he did i have a pic somewhere of the scrubby that did it

Lewy

Could easily happen any large python could easily kill a human

luckily for us alot of our large pythons scrubs/water's/olives couldnt eat a grown man so they usually wont try. Watch em around ya kids or pets though lol

silly keeper should have known more about the animals he was caring for

I'm always in awe of their potential strength and ability, you have to show an animal with that kinda size and capability a lot of respect, certainly not handling it ESPECIALLY ON YOUR OWN!! *slams head into brick wall* lol

all it would take is a coil around your neck.......I have had a 6 year old olive constrict around my arm and the strength was ridiculous:shock: i really wouldn't want that coiled around my neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back