Bushfires

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bushfires are ravaging NSW at the moment.
Current Fires and Incidents - NSW Rural Fire Service
Authorities are concerned that a 'megafire' is possible, if separate bushfires join up in the Blue Mountains.
Feel free to post related links, photos, personal experiences, helpful advice or good wishes.

The Australian
[FONT=&amp]Fears grow NSW Blue Mountains bushfires will merge and form a 'mega-fire' [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

Last edited:
one fire in sydney south west burnt part of the property were i keep my horse agisted. the fire was only meters from his padock and my mates house, thank god the fire fighters were able to put it out. as we could not get on the property to move the horse due to the road being closed so i could not get in.

i kept thinking poor baby is gonna die a painful death and i can't do anything about it, but he was ok. he was just terrified.

There is a great app called "fires near me"
It's the official app of the nsw rural fire service.
It shows you on map where the fires are and how far away it is from your location, what level of fire it is and what action you should take if it gets near.

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks Ellannn, that's a valuable tool.
Another good way to get updates is through RFS tweets.
These bushfires have come exceptionally early in the fire season.

A state of emergency has been issued for NSW and catastrophic conditions are expected tomorrow for the Blue Mountains and greater Sydney region. These fires are the worst since the 1968 bushfires with the worst possibly yet to come.
NSW bushfires 2013 | Latest, Video, Pictures - Yahoo!7

Thanks to all the fire-fighters and emergency services who are doing such a great job.
I wish everyone anywhere near these fires all the best and hope that everyone stays safe.

Last edited:
not really expecting anyone to really know but how safe is Wollongong at the moment...

hope everyone on here stays safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back