Buying a bed buddy for my snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhammond123

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm currently looking for a female albino Darwin python so i have a pair to breed one day, and i came across this person on gumtree seeing a 3 year old which is around the same age as my current one, but she does not know the sex of the snake and says i can get it probed, but i don't want to buy it and then find out its a male, then it got me thinking, should i get my current snake probed before looking for a partner, i got him from a pet shop in Wollongong. i don't really know how to go about asking the person to get it probed for me

$_20.JPG
Le snake im looking at

Get yours probed so you know what to look for

If the person who is selling isn’t willing to get it probed, I’d honestly just find someone who will probe/has probed the snakes they are selling.

I wouldn’t risk getting wrong sex.

100% get your snake sexed before finding a partner :p

Our diamond started as a “female” from a breeder and is now 100% male by our reptile vet

Edit: does the snake you are looking at have shedding problems, looks like a few retained pieces over the body and around the face? It’s also on sand and poop everywhere in the enclosure :/ could have problems and that’s why they’re selling it. Just something to think about. (Doesn’t look like it’s been treated well but can’t judge just by 1 pic)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back