Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chook11212

Reaction score
hello i have just gotten my advanced wildlife licence i wanna purchase a salt water crocodile
my friend has a freshy he got it from crocodylus
they want 500 for freshys and salties was wondering if there is any where else cheaper

i paid 300 for my guy but that just buying off a privet person just need to look around if u want to do any better

cheap and crocs isnt a great starter,if you shop around u will probably find cheap ones folk are trying to offload as they have outgrown there little fish tanks and they can no longer house them,let alone afford the accomadations they need

welcome to the forum,hope u picked up your free flame proof suit on registering,lol

hmmm its going to cost you a lot more than $500 to keep the thing once it starts growing so the initial cost of the animal should be the least of your worries

i no its going to cost more than that i already have a 6x2x2 tank all set up i just would like to save some money where i can id prefer to buy from a park like crocodylus but just cant seem to find anywhere else that sells them

just out of curiosity,what do u intend to do when it out grows the 6x2x2 enclosure?

if memory serves me correctly,reptile city in south australia sell crocs,i believe they are under 500 dollars to,so could be worth enquiring there

Last edited:
i have already bought a large spa that i am intending on getting modified for him or her if i decide to keep it i have experience with freshys so if the saltie dnt work out ill be getting a freshy that will be easier to house for a while and thanks just rang them and left a message hope they get back to me tmoz

I love Vic:)! You can't keep Rock Monitors, but a Saltie's fine??!!

Speccie animals BTW, chook, good luck with the project:)!

lol and from what i have found out i dont have to get rid of it once it reaches 60cm

Same as n.s.w can keep a lacie on a class but when I Inquired while living in qld and about to move interstate was told crocodiles where probited reptiles In nsw and cant be kept damn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back