Buying children/Stimson python hatchling in Victoria

Discussion in 'Newbies forum' started by Ashleeighkatee, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Ashleeighkatee

Ashleeighkatee New Member

Hi there,

my partner and I are new to snake keeping and want to know more about the availability of Children’s/ Stimson pythons throughout the year, how to find breeders (in victoria predominantly) and pricing. Any info would be helpful :)

Thanks !

2. WizardFromAus-

WizardFromAus- Active Member

You'll find them most places, even your local pet barn should usually sell them. Im from the gold coast and i swear to good everyone either has one or is selling one (children's/Stimson python, with breeding im not going to answer because i dont really know. But starting on a hatchling would suit as you can watch them grow and get to know them. Also doesnt cost much to set up a little enclosure for them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

3. Ashleeighkatee

hey there!

we’re actually finding it very difficult to find places! I actually used to work at petbarn (and other large chains) and in victoria it’s very difficult to find reptiles at pet stores. The ones we have found are 5 times the cost of ones online but they are all scarce. Has it got to do with breeding seasons ?
    Thanks

4. WizardFromAus-

How much are they exactly? Just down the road from me there like about 4-5 childrens for like $240.. i suppose everywhere must be abit different on the prices ay

5. Ashleeighkatee

we’re after T+, and the one store we’ve found is selling them for $800. Ads online (all sold now) are about half that at most

6. Cjcooper

Cjcooper New Member

If you have a look on facebook you can usually find reptile groups for the state. The NSW one has several thousand people in there and there are always posts from breeders. They are a really handy information resource as well.

WizardFromAus- likes this.
  7. WizardFromAus-

Yea thats abit pricey aye lol hit up that Facebook page ol mate is talking about. Good luck!